YouTube and Fox Corporation have announced that they have reached an agreement to continue offering Fox content on YouTube TV.
The agreement renews the entire Fox Networks portfolio after the previous contract between the two firms expired in August.
It includes the distribution of content across Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Weather, Fox Sports, FS1, FS2, FOX Deportes, Big Ten Network, FOX Network and all local FOX stations.
“We are pleased to announce that we have reached an agreement with Fox to keep their content on YouTube TV, preserve the value of our service for our subscribers, and offer greater flexibility in the future,” YouTube said on its blog on Thursday.
The renewal of the agreement ensures continued access to the channel portfolio and comes after the two companies began negotiations earlier this week, with discussions leading to tensions over programming payments.
In a Monday blog post, YouTube cited “payments that are far higher than what partners with comparable content offerings receive” as a major sticking point.
“Our priority is to reach a deal that’s fair for both sides, as well as our subscribers,” YouTube said in a statement.
Fox pushed for higher programming rates, arguing that YouTube’s terms were “out of step with the marketplace.”
On Monday, Fox warned viewers of a potential blackout, especially during major sporting events such as the NFL, College Football and MLB4.
YouTube announced they would offer subscribers a £10 credit if Fox content remained blocked for an extended period.
Financial terms of the new deal were not disclosed.
“I’m very pleased that Google and Fox have now reached a deal,” Brendan Carr, chairman of the Federal Communications Commission, said in a social media post. “This is great news for college football fans and avoids blackouts.”
YouTube TV has faced a number of contractual disputes in recent years that nearly led to channel blackouts.
In February 2025, a disagreement between YouTube and Paramount Global threatened to remove 20 channels, including CBS, Nickelodeon, and CBS Sports, from YouTube TV.
In December 2021, Disney content was removed from YouTube TV for approximately three days due to a contractual dispute between YouTube and Disney.