Learn how to unlock Beetle Mania and how you can get the highest score possible in Super Mario RPG.
Super Mario RPG returns with a bang, quirkier than before. This unique take on Super Mario has unique features, puzzles, and secrets worth checking out. What is interesting is that Super Mario RPG has a hidden minigame that many players do not know about.
The aforementioned minigame, Beetle Mania, is a retro arcade-style shooter where players have to shoot red shells to get points. As the score increases, the game gets tougher, too. Keeping this in mind, this guide will provide step-by-step instructions to unlock Beetle Mania in Super Mario RPG, along with other useful information.
Super Mario RPG Gets New Update
The remake of the popular classic Super Mario RPG receives a substantial update, addressing various game progression issues and bugs.
How to Unlock
Players can unlock Beetle Mania in Super Mario RPG by following these simple steps:
- Save Peach from Booster at Marrymore.
- Head to the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Talk to a purple toad playing a game.
- Purchase the Beetle Mania game in exchange for 500 coins.
After purchasing the game, Toad will explain the game and its objectives, but players can skip this and jump into the game right away.
What is Beetle Mania?
Players play as a little beetle spitting stars to destroy the flying red shells in the game. The game starts easy, but it gets difficult as the score increases, causing the number of shells to increase and become faster. The play is simple: avoid the red shells and cause as many explosions as possible for insane combos.
How to Get a High Score in Beetle Mania
Here are a couple of tips worth considering while playing Beetle Mania to get the highest score possible:
- Wait for multiple shells to get to one place and then shoot one of them so that it explodes, destroying other shells in the process.
- Keep shooting to prevent the beetle from being knocked out.
- Keep moving, as staying in one place can do more harm than good, allowing the player to dodge the shells.
- Wait in the corner to get a chain of shells. The more shells you hit, the more points you will receive.
Beetle Mania has no specific rewards since it is a separate game with nothing to do with the main story. However, players can get a Gold Medal if they score 4,000,000 or more. So, while players won’t get any powerful accessories from playing Beetle Mania, it is certainly a fun distraction for players who want it.